Are you getting %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe
file error on your windows 7/8/10, XP, Vista or Server PC? %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe
is a system protected file and responsible to run Windows OS smoothly. If due to any reason this file gets damaged or crashed your windows will start malfunctioning and you will get several critical windows error as well as experience BSOD error which is generally a death of operating system.
The %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe file gets damaged or corrupted due to one of the following reasons:
- You installed a game or driver in your PC and suddenly encounter %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe file error.
- After removing antivirus or any other software.
- Viruses are the top most reason behind this error.
- You added hardware in your PC and just after installing their driver you start getting %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe file errors.
There are two types of method to fix this error. If you don’t have deep PC Knowledge and want tool to fix it automatically then you can opt for ReImage PC Repair Tool. You just need to download and install this utility in your system and open it for scanning. It will automatically fix all system files errors and protect your PC for future errors.
Note: You must not download any dll files from any site directly because there is huge risk to download spyware in the package of %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe dll files. Always double check official vendor site to download any dll files.
SFC stands for System File Scan which is inbuilt in Windows OS. Here is the steps to use this tool.
- Open your OS in SAFE Mode. Just after pressing power button, keep pressing F8. It will show you advanced menu. Choose Safe Mode and Hit Enter.
- Now open command prompt as administrator and type following commands and hit enter.
- It will start sfc command and you will see scanning process in command prompt. Don’t close command prompt meanwhile the process is running. Once the scanning completed you will get one of the following messages on command prompts.
- You will get one of the following messages when scanning gets finished.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
It means SFC.exe doesn’t find any problems. However, sfc.exe fails most of the time couldn’t find problems. Use ReImage PC Repair if sfc.exe fails to detect problems.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
This means you need to reboot your PC in safe mode then run SFC.exe tool in commands prompts.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
It means SFC.exe found missing or damaged %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe files and fixed them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
As the message states it was unable to fix problem you use ReImage PC Repair Tool to fix your problems.
DISM command works with Windows 10/8 and 8.1. It is Deployment Image & Servicing Management Tool that fix component store corruption easily when sfc.exe fails. To use this tool you must have internet connection working on your PC.
- Open Command Prompt with Administrator and Run the following commands. Better to switch to Safe Mode OS before running this command.
- Wait until process gets completed. Don’t interrupt meanwhile the process going on. It will take 5 to 20 minutes so keep patience and have a cup of coffee.
- After completing the process restart your PC in SAFE MODE and again run SFC.exe tool.
The best way to fix this error using System Restore. If you have created System Restore Point Earlier then you need not to get worried even for a second. Just Restore your windows in previous session and make restart. You will never get %SysDir%Spoolsv.exe file error again.